Saturday, August 30, 2008

Spiritual Dreams



Above image titled "A Well Read Bible" © Rhonda L. Hall

A well read Bible feels comfortable in the hands, and carries the spirit of those who have studied it faithfully in the past. That having been said, I am going to discuss a strange dream that I experienced last night. I haven't mentioned a specific dream here before, but not knowing what could have possibly inspired this dream I find it interesting. I woke up this morning, and as I rose heading for the bathroom a word was hanging in my mind, from the dream that was interupted by my waking...unibomber. No, that wasn't right, I thought...it wasn't a nightmare. It was a nice dream. Ah, yes, it was UniBIBLE. I thought what a strange word that seemed. And as I wondered about it's origin, bits and pieces of my dream came back to me. As they fell into place, I realized that I had been searching for this UniBible. That was the title of the small New Testiment type pocket sized Bible I was picturing in my dream. As I searched I came in contact with many people, they seemed to be modern day prophets, no one that I knew or had heard of, but they spoke much as Jesus, Mother Teresa or perhaps the Dali Lama would have. They were all aware of the object of my search and wonderfully encouraging about my quest. From what I gather of my memory of this dream, the UniBible was a Bible that was meant for the whole world, all religions, races and idealologies would benefit from the study of this basic guide of how to live in peace and happiness. Perhaps even a universal guide. It seemed to include the very basis of the beliefs of all people, and included some teachings of all the great teachers, prophets or religious figures of all the different sects or spiritual groups worldwide. I'm sure I've heard of the idea of a worldwide religion before, but I can't think of anything in the very recent past that would have triggered a dream such as this, especially since it was so specific an item that I was searching for. By the end of the dream, as I awoke, I had the UniBible in my hands and was just beginning to open it's pages...

As human beings we all want to be happy and free from misery… we have learned that the key to happiness is inner peace. The greatest obstacles to inner peace are disturbing emotions such as anger, attachment, fear and suspicion, while love and compassion and a sense of universal responsibility are the sources of peace and happiness.
Dalai Lama quotes (Head of the Dge-lugs-pa order of Tibetan Buddhists, 1989 Nobel Peace Prize, b.1935)

No comments:

Post a Comment