Wednesday, August 6, 2008
Reasons to Paint :-)
Above artwork titled "Cheap Brushes" © by Rhonda L. Hall
45 reasons to paint.
1. You were more concerned about the colour of your car than the fuel
2. The highlights in your hair are from your palette and not
3. You are having lunch with the girls and the fragrance you wear
is eau d’linseed oil.
4. The only piece of new furniture you have in your home is a $2000
5. You butter your toast with your fingers, just to feel it’s
6. You think about taking a picture to a show.
7. You talk about going to a show where the pictures don’t move.
8. You are over 50 and still have no health insurance.
9. Your family takes out a life insurance plan on you for less than
10. You know what shade of green the lichen on the trees is.
11. You can’t find a nice outfit for your date because everything
has paint smears on.
12. Your date ends up with paint smears on her/him.
13. You’re late for the date because you suddenly knew exactly what
that detail of your latest painting needed and just had to fix it
was fresh in your mind.
14. You chose to buy that new Russian Sable Number Six Round
instead of a Big Mac, a Large Fry, a Milkshake, Desert, and five
gallons of gas.
15. Your favourite home repair store refuses to work with you to
repaint your den, because you rename all of their paint swatches and
upset that they don’t carry the exact nuance of raw umber you had in
16. You purchase a ton of books, and most are blank inside.
17. When viewing a sunset, you think in terms of cadmium yellow
(light hue), salmon and gold, a tinted teal mixed with gold for the
18. Strangers save your ‘regular’ spot at the park, perfect for ob
serving children and pigeons.
19. There are Prussian blue fingerprints on your phone.
20. You stay awake late at night wondering how to render on canvas
the dimly lit shapes and the shadows in your room.
21. When you go out, you are always stopping and gazing at the world
22. You travel far to sketch a place of scenic beauty.
23. You clean your brushes in your coffee.
24. You carry pencils instead of pens.
25. You have watercolour swatches on cardboard in your pocket.
26. You explain your deplorably bad housekeeping by saying, “it’s a
27. You do judge a book by its cover.
28. You watch the latest kids’ digital animation movies and drool
Recieved in email, by Anonymous
"Every artist dips his brush in his own soul, and paints his own nature into his pictures.”
- Henry Ward Beecher quotes