Monday, February 11, 2013

Aloramyst’s Artist Interview with RLHall

I came across some old posts featuring my work online and thought I'd re-share. This first piece was a part of a very successful artist's interview series by artist blogger Aloramyst Soul Expressions and Designs  She was primarily interested in my digital creations and I greatly enjoyed working with her on this project and collaborating with her in other areas as well. This interview was also included in the online artist's publication D.A.P. Magazine.


 
 
 
Artist Interview

Aloramyst’s Interview with RLHall


Aloramyst:
In your opinion what is art?

RLHall:
To me, art is the creative expression of your soul.

Aloramyst:
Who or what first introduced you to creating Digital Abstracts and Patterns?

RLHall:
When I first acquired software for editing photos, I was drawn to experimentation with it, having already been artistic in many other mediums.

Aloramyst:
Why did you choose to create in this choice of medium?

RLHall:
I find it very creative and fun, though it can be tedious at times it is also a very meditative and at the same time stimulating.

Aloramyst:
What software programs have you experimented with? And which is your favourite?

RLHall:
I recently purchased PhotoShop Elements 6, which is great. But most of my work so far has been done with the use of GMP 2 or Paint.net

Aloramyst:
What inspires and motivates you to create?

RLHall:
I have always been inspired by nature, but of course our feelings, beliefs and instincts are so in communion with our spirits and mind knowledge that they are always an influence as well, I find that having contact with other artists is always motivating and inspiring, and helps me to grow as an artist and a person.

Aloramyst:
Who is your favourite artist? What is it about their work that you love?

RLHall:
I don’t really think I have one favorite artist, though I have always liked the work of Georgia O’Keeffe, for the way she sees nature and renders it in her own unique style. Just lately I have been reading alot about Pablo Picasso, I find that I enjoy his spirit of adventure in using different mediums and his always changing expression. A friend has just introduced me to the work of Savlador Dali whom I find interesting in his surrealism and and beautifully wild compositions…

Aloramyst:
Have you set any goals for yourself as an artist? If so, what are you working towards achieving?

RLHall:
I have always been somewhat of a realist in my formal artwork, though I love to dabble in the surreal and abstract, the unknown fires my imagination…in the past few months I have been trying to develope more creative expression and letting it flow through my work. Of course I am working to better myself and my art, and striving for more exposure and sales.

Aloramyst:
Do you create art in other mediums?

RLHall:
Yes, I am creative in any way I can be. Drawing is one of my favorite mediums, pencil, colored pencil, graphite, charcoal, pastels and ink. I paint in the various mediums. Along with collage, mosaic, textiles, carving, sculpture, jewelry and bead making, as well as photography. I love experimenting and find that I tend to move from one area to another in my creative endeavors, always mixing them up seems to spur my creativity.

Aloramyst:
Is your artwork for sale? Where can people see or purchase your artwork?

RLHall: My artwork is available locally, and I have recently begun promoting my work in online portfolios, with my main galleries at RedBubble and “Imagekind”: and I have on online store Artful Express in which my art is available.

Aloramyst: What are your recommendations and/or advice to other artists?

RLHall:
I think the most important aspect of being an artist is to be true to yourself, use your own natural gifts and creativity in a way that lets your unique passion shine through. And use that creativity and passion to constantly promote yourself and your works.

Aloramyst:
Is there anything about being an artist that you would like to know more about?

RLHall:
I have just begun my online venture with my art, and there are many things I need to learn about the promotion of my work in this realm. I am striving to advertise, find exposure in many different areas and promote through meta-tags that will come up in Internet searches, but I have much to learn. I continually study various aspects of art and being a successful artist, there is always more to learn!

Aloramyst:
Which promotional tools have been the most effective for you?

RLHall:
Word of mouth promotion is always helpful, getting your work out there to be seen is imperative. I found that with my online business, having one web page linking all my sites and then connecting those sites together via banners or links has brought more hits and sales to my various galleries. The use of correct tagging has helped as well, though I am still struggling to perfect that aspect of self promotion.

No comments:

Post a Comment