Sunday, May 23, 2010

Visitor to my Creekside Studio

Photo taken with cell phone by my boyfriend -What!? I had no camera???

This was the view outside one of my studio windows this morning. And this little guy nestled there in the foliage the whole day through, occasionally standing on his wobbly legs to stretch and look around for his mother. As sunset neared, I imagined his mama was not far off - just waiting until I left before checking in on the little one. I watched for signs of her all day, but never caught a glimpse of her if she was there. I am hoping that I'll see the fawn again tomorrow.

Update on this post ~ 6/17 I haven't seen my friend again, but he seems to stay nearby as I find fresh tiny hoof prints in the mud near the creek each time I go up, though there are never any larger mama prints visable near them...

Our baby birds (Flycatchers) have left the nest, as have the young Robins in a tree nearby. Lots of tiny Frogs and Rabbits around though...lots of hopping going on! 

No comments:

Post a Comment